Awarding of Irstea PhD contracts 2016
Irstea - National Research Institut of Science and technology for Environment and Agriculture, is a public scientific and technological research establishment (EPST) under the joint supervision of the French Ministry of Research and the Ministry of Agriculture. It employs 1,750 people, including 950 permanent members of staff and 250 PhD, 40 post-doctoral students, on 9 sites in France (Antony, Nogent-sur-Vernisson, Rennes, Lyon, Grenoble, Clermont-Ferrand, Bordeaux, Montpellier and Aix-en-Provence).
As a finalised research institute recognised in the field of inland waters, ecotechnology and territories, Irstrea has set itself three major scientific challenges driven by significant societal issues: environmental quality and the challenge of linking methods and technologies; the issue of water in spatial development and the challenge of multi-sector approaches; risk management and the challenge of viability.
The PhD contracts offered by Irstea may be co-financed by a partner outside of Irstea (industrial partner, professional organisation, authority, research organisation, etc.).
PhD students have fixed-term contracts with Irstea giving them standard social protection. The contract term is three years. Monthly salary (January 2016): €1,852 gross (€1,492 net).
Applicants must have a Masters degree or equivalent qualification when the contract is signed.
- Hazards linked to the water cycle (ARCEAU)
- Biological and ecological responses to contamination of the aquatic environment: ecotoxicology and bioindication (BELCA)
- Spatial Development and Multifunctional Agriculture (DTAM)
- Management of water, its uses, services and their infrastructures (GEUSI)
- Technological innovations for sustainable agriculture and the environment (INSPIRE)
- Models, information systems and viable management of the environment (MOTIVE)
- Quality of aquatic systems and ecological regeneration (QUASARE)
- Risks associated with fast-moving gravitational phenomena, safety of hydraulic structures and vulnerability (RIVAGE)
- Land-based ecological systems: dynamics, vulnerability and engineering (SEDYVIN)
- Structures, Processes, Flow, Energy (SPEE)
- Information and display systems for integrated management of the environment (SYNERGIE)
- Technology and procedures for water and waste (TED)
Applications have been selected. You can consult the decisions.
- February 10, 2016 : start of applications.
- May 18, 2016 : end of applications.
- June 2016 : selection of applications by the intake committee.
- July 18, 2016 : notification of decisions.